Thursday, March 5, 2009

Relax! Let Go Of Stress With Weekly Yoga

As a freshman college student, I know as much as the next person how stressful life can be. There are countless times when I just can't wait for the weekend to not worry about classes and homework for a day or two. With running around to classes, doing homework, and being especially stressed out now because of midterm exams, it is easy to let stress get the best of you. This semester, I started going to the Yoga for Relaxation classes in the Davis Common Room on campus. The class is free, and it is a drop-in format, meaning everyone is welcome to come at any point during the semester. So if you haven't started, but you'd like to try, you're welcome to come to class! Every Friday from 3:15 to 4:15, I go with my two best friends to this yoga class. Since it's on Fridays in the afternoon, I can let go of all the stress that has accumulated in the past week from school, and focus on relaxing over the weekend. I feel so much more relaxed and focused when I finish doing yoga. There are so many benefits to this activity, such as increased flexibility, muscle toning, and lubrication of muscles and joints. So next time you're feeling stressed out, look forward to Friday afternoon like I do! Remember, you can join this class at anytime! Good Luck! :)


For more information on yoga, visit http://www.healthandyoga.com/

1 comment:

  1. That is some good advice on how to handle stress..I know at points during the semester I get stressed and sometimes I dont know how to get rid of it and just relax. Seeing your post and how you use yoga to get rid of your stress is something that I might be able to try.

    ReplyDelete