Monday, April 13, 2009

Green Tea: What Are The Benefits?

You've probably heard about green tea, and all of the good things people are raving about. Most commercials on TV are centered toward green tea extract pills, rather than the actual product. I started drinking green tea a few months ago, when my dad forced me to try it. Now, I drink at least two cups of green tea per day with a spoonful of honey. But what exactly are the benefits of green tea? The most talked about benefit is the fact that green tea can contribute to weight loss. Another important benefit is the prevention of cancer. Green tea contains antioxidants, which control free radicals in the body. The green tea acts as an anti-carcinogen, preventing cancers. Green tea also may be linked to the lowering of high blood pressure and cholesterol. Overall, green tea does more help than one may think, and at the same time, tastes amazing! If you want to try it, I drink Nature's Promise Green Tea with a spoonful of Nature's Promise Golden Honey. You can get these products at Stop and Shop for under $5.00! For more information on green tea, visit the link posted.

4 comments:

  1. I am also a fan of drinking green tea. My mom once told me that it basically flushes out your system so I decided to try it. When I tried it I was really full from eating a big meal and it help settle my stomach. I thought this blog was interesting because I didn't know that it did other things like help prevent cancer, lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol. After learning this it made me want to to make a cup of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew that green tea had some benefits like it could help increase your metabolism but i never knew it could help prevent cancer and lower high blood pressure and cholesterol. I drink green tea all the time, I love it!! It's good to know about all the health benefits I didn't know about yet. This is so useful, thanks for the facts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did know about the antioxidants that can come from tea, but had no idea about the HBP and cholesterol. I also like to mix it up with black tea, or white tea, or regular iced tea, but green tea is one of my favorites. Thanks for the helpful info and I definately look forward to my next cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know chloseterol was affected by Green tea. i usually do not drink green tea but i think looking into it will be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete