Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Get Some Sleep


I couldn't even try to count the amount of times I've found myself dozing off during the day. I always think I get enough sleep, but going back and thinking about it, there are plenty of times I could have gotten a better nights sleep. College students make up the part of the population that struggles the most with sleep. Especially now, nearing the end of a semester, students at colleges and universities everywhere are pulling allnighters, and stressing out about last minute papers and exams. Many of us think that an all nighter once a semester won't hurt. Although there won't be permenant damage, we do acquire sleep debts. We should be getting about eight hours per night of sleep. If we only get three, the other five hours do not simply disappear. Looking for some tips to sleep better? Here are just a few.



  • Exercise. Participating in about 30 minutes of vigorous activity enhances sleep.

  • Relax. In the hours before bedtime, relax your mind, so you sleep without worries.

  • Make A Routine. Going to bed and waking up at the same time each day may help your sleeping habits.


For more information, visit the site posted!

5 comments:

  1. Sleep is a really important part of our daily routine that many people neglect. By neglecting this important facet of our body's needs you can really cause your body more stress mentally and physically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep it's very important for everybody if we sleep weell every day we can feel more energy for do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that sleep is very important but its definitly harder to get being a college student. I always find myself staying up later then I need to for no reason. This definitly effects me the next day because im tired all day while im in classes. Besides exercising and relaxing I have started drinking this tea called sleepy time tea and its suppose to help you relax and go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This time of the year obviously every college student will be up until dawn doing some kind of assignment. I've been lucky enough not to have that much stress except a big assignment that I've been picking away on during the semester. Sleep deprivation is horrible and sometimes even tragic. You always hear about people falling asleep at the wheel. Think about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true!! Sleep is very important. I have problems getting sleep and I dont know why so im gonna try this options and see if they can help me. Thanks for posting this good information!

    ReplyDelete