Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Being Healthy In College


As a very busy college freshman, I completely understand how hard it can be to balance classes, work schedules, and relationships, not to mention eating healthy and getting enough exercise. Still, as young adults, college students need to remember to eat healthy while away at school. Although it may be easier to skip meals because of your busy schedule,eating three meals a day along with little snacks throughout is very important. With this type of diet, your brain stays active and you will feel more energized. Make time for exercise, too. Endorphins released during physical activity will make you feel better when you're not having such a good day. As obvious as it may seem, following the Food Pyramid is also very important, and all of the food groups should be incorporated into your diet. If you find yourself hungry between meals, try keeping nutritious foods in your dorm room to snack on, such as fruit, nuts, granola bars, and yogurt. Keep checking back for easy tips and healthy ideas to try!


4 comments:

  1. I know this issue has been brought up over and over again, but it is so hard to eat nutritious foods, especially fruits and vegetables in college because of the lack of variety at the dining commons. Improvements have been made but I know that my fruits and vegetables have to come from store bought groceries that I keep in my dorm which is expensive and if im already spending money for a meal plan I should not have to supply my own fruits and veggies. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea for a blog. Looks like you're off to a good start! We'll have to get some votes on your poll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People make excuses all the time while at school when they grab a burger and french fries at the D.C., but if you really want to be committed, I think there are options to eat in the D.C., like in the sandwich line, get a turkey sandwich with American cheese on whole grain bread, nothing wrong with that. Skip the pizza and fries and make a salad, its really that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean. I do not even live on campus and I have a hard time. With the driving back and forth there is so little time. But like James said they are all just excuses. You have to be creative, make time, and just do it.

    ReplyDelete